Genie Discord forum

Author AvatarSchighSchagh
3/19/2023, 6:43:47 PM

I left my genie-based app running for about a week inside a Docker image. Memory usage grew from about 1 GB when just started, to about 8 GB after 8 days uptime. I haven't double checked my code for leaks yet. I wanted to know if I need to check my own code, or if there's known issues that maybe have workarounds.

Author AvatarPere
3/20/2023, 9:19:17 AM

garbage collection is automatically run by the compiler, so the memory usage should be stable. Can you she some more details?

  • Genie packages version
  • Julia version If you could share the whole app with the dockerfile that would be better, we'd take a look at it
Author AvatarSchighSchagh
3/20/2023, 9:27:13 PM

Noted. I'm not up for sharing my code unfortunately.

Author AvatarSchighSchagh
3/20/2023, 9:29:13 PM

Genie versions... I just updated to the latest versions this weekend. I'm not sure what versions I had previously, but it may not be releavnt at this point

Author AvatarSchighSchagh
3/20/2023, 9:31:06 PM

I'm sitting at a steady 1.0 GB currently after 26 hours uptime. I'll just keep monitoring for now.

Author AvatarSchighSchagh
3/20/2023, 9:34:07 PM

Considering everything I'm doing with databases and dataframes and external APIs, there's a good chance the data leak is elsewhere.

Author Avatarhhaensel
3/21/2023, 1:26:44 PM

We did have a memory leak which is now fixed

Author Avatarhhaensel
3/21/2023, 1:27:29 PM

Not sure if there are more. Please open an issue on GitHub if you should encounter memory going up again.

Author AvatarSchighSchagh
3/21/2023, 6:25:43 PM

that's good enough for me, at least for the time being.